Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Digital Sketch Work

Hello! Well, it's the third day of my sketch blog and I figured I would upload some digital sketches that range from about August up until now. When I sketch digitally, I tend to work from a very loose gesture. I start with something like the top left two sketches below and then begin to work details in after every every area is roughly and loosely formed in the gesture. I highly recommend this method to everyone. Although it's fun to place in the details, you'd be amazed at how much better and how much more anatomically accurate your drawings will become when you start focusing on quick, loose gestures. I'll upload a blog with some sketches to give you a firmer grasp on what a gesture truly is.


I've been working with the company, "61 Solutions" testing their software for drawing digitally. The two sketches on the left, below, are done in this program. This company has a contract with Disney, Pixar and Marvel to build this software for the artists there, however they intend on selling this product (called "Sketch") nationwide. I highly recommend it, as it is an extremely pressure sensitive and accurately responsive program. This project is still in the air, but when everything has been worked out you will certainly hear word from me when it is available to buy online (and it will be a lot cheaper than having to purchase Adobe Suite).



No comments:

Post a Comment