Sunday, October 10, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

My name is Carly Sanker. I've been drawing for as long as I've been able to hold a pencil. I got serious about drawing and began focusing on drawing from observation about six years ago when I entered middle school. Now I am a sophomore at Massachusetts College of Art and Design, majoring in Illustration. I'm beginning to shift my focus from strictly observational drawing to letting myself work on my own individualized style, and this blog will be a record of that.

The title of this blog, "Is She Drawing Me?" is based on my daily dedication to drawing people from observation; in a café, on the T, or in class. I'll get quick glances from people, and there's always the awkward eye contact. I know what you're thinking, and:
Yes, I'm drawing you.

I'll start off by showing some of my sketch work. Here's a sketch that I did last night in my moleskin (in gouache and pencil) along with two pages of sketches in my sketchbook from the past couple of weeks. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment