Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's December and I'm Painting

Paint! Paint! Paint! I love painting. So much, in fact, that next semester I am going to be in the Painting department at Massachusetts College of Art and Design. Here are a few works that I did last week and the previous week.

The first photo is a section of a drawing/painting (time: 15 minutes). It was done on cardboard using pencil and watercolor pencils. I has been in the middle of watching a lecture being given by John Maeda, president of RISD when I was so inspired that I needed an outlet for all of my inspiration. I wanted to completely avoid the pressure of creating a work of art and just simply create, so I took a scrap piece of cardboard and the one medium that I hardly ever use. There you have it.

The second is a portrait of an in-class model, done in gouache in my Media Techniques class with Scott Bakal.

The third painting is in oil and was started three days ago. This is a small section, about a quarter of the whole painting, but the section that I made the most progress on. (time: 1 hour)

I am becoming increasingly inspired by contemporary artists and composers, and it's beginning to truly shape the work that I do for myself outside of school. I can't wait to post more work that I do independent of school work!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment